The Community Oriented Opportunities for Learning (COOL) Coalition is an inclusive and diverse group of individuals and organizations serving the areas of Jackson, Madison, and Forest that is dedicated to improving the health and welfare practices for the community.
The COOL Coalition works diligently to:
- Provide information regarding substance and drug abuse
- Enhance knowledge and skills to strengthen and sustain the Drug-Free Community Program
- Change the physical design of the community to reduce and prevent youth substance abuse
- Provide support to youth, parents, and the surrounding communities
- Reduce access and enhance barriers
- Advocate for policy change that reduces youth substance abuse
The COOL Coalition utilizes resources from the community to help the public understand the factors that lead to drug and substance abuse and thus to prevent its onset.